Just a normal student attempting to scribble down the ups and downs of university, while attempting to guide you as you undergo your personal crazy experience, or even give a useful insight as you prepare to leave.
Feel free to scroll through my page while I ramble about my experience and give advice of some quality (hopefully). I will attempt to be as open as possible, and while I absolutely love university, I am more than prepared to share all the lows too.
- I’m currently reading History at the University of Leeds.
- At A Levels I studied History, Maths and Physics.
- Aspirations (at this moment – they change all the time) – advance in further education to one day gain a PhD in either History or Politics, or become a teacher (because stereotypes).
- Favourite areas of study: 1) Early Modern/Modern Britain (c.1500-c.1918). In terms of events, from the Tudor accession to the end of the First World War, with specialisms in the English Civil Wars and Napoleonic Wars. 2) British Politics (1979-2017). And 3) Britain and India, 1857-1947.
- I play the Bass Trombone, attempt (key word) to pluck electric/acoustic and bass guitars, while sounding pretty useless on piano. Not forgetting picking up some drum sticks and playing some simplistic rhythms. I dabble (perhaps too much) in the Ukulele too. If your ears can bear it, I like to sing also.
- Any sort of food, anything that is edible really.
- Having a strange love for Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen nightmares, and ofc Peep Show.
Hope you enjoy my mainly useful and incoherent chatter,
I also produce and publish other blogs:
- The University Experience: https://theuniexperiencesite.wordpress.com/
- A blog that incoherently rambles about the ups and downs of university, and attempts to provide advice, hints and tips.
- Attempting to Stay Neutral: https://attemptingtostayneutral.wordpress.com/
- Someone who attempts to describe and explain recent political trends while coming from a non-partisan viewpoint.
- The Poll Blog (co-editor): https://thepollbloggers.wordpress.com/
- Another political blog made with a friend that describes recent polling trends. Some content synonymous with Attempting to Stay Neutral.