I’ve decided to start a mini-series on the process of starting university. When I started, I didn’t really know what to do, or what to expect. I was just going with the flow and when the time came to move, I was pretty stressed while filled with great anticipation.
Hopefully the next few posts will provide a useful guide for starting university, everything you have to do to prepare, and a few tips and advice for when you arrive.
The general outline will be as follows (with approximate names and dates for publication):
Part One: Money
- 1.1: Student Loan – 11 June
- 1.2: Bank Accounts – tbc (super busy atm)
Part Two: Results Day and Accommodation
- 2.1: Choosing your Accommodation – tbc
- 2.2: Checking UCAS and getting results – 6 August
Part Three: Moving in
- 3.1: Packing and deciding what to take with you – 27 August
- 3.2: The Process (tbc) – 3 September
Part Four: First Few Days
- 4.1: Finances and Budgeting- 10 September
- 4.2: Freshers – 17 September
- 4.3: Starting Term – 20 September
Part Five: First Assignments
- 5.1: First bits of work – 24 September
- 5.2: Reflections – 1 October
Part Six: A Bit After
- 6.1: Finding a house – tbc
- Combined: All Posts piled together into one blog post
Hopefully each post will help guide you as you start possibly one of the best transitions in your life. It will be difficult, but gosh, it’s worth it!
Thanks, hope you enjoy,